If your kids enjoy the one day a year where they can fill their buckets with treats, eat almost as much candy as they want and perform tricks, then here are some fun costume ideas where they can bring along their scooter too! Zip from house to house, avoid sore feet and of course... collect as much candy as possible before it's too dark :)
Micro scooters have the best range of kid’s scooters to complete the trick or treat trek. We have three wheeled scooters engineered specifically for preschoolers and kids to help develop their balance and coordination. Micro also has an extensive range of kids scooters for those who want to roll around and collect their candy on two wheels. Not to mention it's the perfect solution for parents too - to help burn off the kids sugar rush.
But first here's a quick Halloween History...
Halloween is one of America's favourite holidays. It originated from the Celtic Festival of Samhain over 2,000 years ago. On the 31st October at the end of the summer harvest, it was thought the dead would come back causing trouble and damaging crops. They would light bonfires, dress as ghosts, sing and dance to ward off roaming ghosts. Now it's a children friendly holiday where kids can go trick or treating around the neighbourhood and an excuse to play dress up.
Check out our top ten faves for Halloween, from movies to Songs! Then take a scroll on down for the best dress ups... all the tricks and treats you could want.
Micro Top 5 Halloween Movies
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Hocus Pocus
- Monster House
- Monsters Inc
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- Wallace & Gromit - Curse of the Were Rabbit
Micro Top 5 Halloween Songs
- The Monster Mash - Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt Kickers
- Thriller - Michael Jackson
- Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr
- Highway to Hell - ACDC
- Time Warp - The Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast
- This is Halloween - Danny Elfman
- Spooky Scary Skeletons - Andrew Gold
- The Monsters Hop - Bert Convy
- Halloween Sharks - Pinkfong
- Costume Party - The Pop Ups
Top ten costume ideas - kids can do these with or without their scooter.
- Witch or wizard with your scooter as your broom
- Prince or princess
- Cinderella with your scooter as your carriage
- Ghost or zombie
- Superman or Superwoman
- Batman with your batmobile
- Pirate with your scooter as the ship
- Favourite animal
- Cowboy or cowgirl with your scooter as your horse
- Favourite movie or tv show character
If your scooting for you're loot this Halloween check out our attachable colourful scooter baskets. They're perfect for trick or treating with your scooter and collecting candy :)
Stuck on ideas for tricks this year? Check out our one stop shop for the ultimate tricks to their treat this Halloween. We've asked over 150 parents for their kids best Halloween tricks and compiled them to help you out!
Happy Halloween from Micro!