12 Fun & Easy Ideas for School Holiday Fun
The school holidays are in full swing, and we're all thinking about how to fill up those days with fun, healthy kids activities. So here are our top tips, we hope you like them...
Getting the kids and you out of the house and doing a whole lot of fun, active stuff is the best way to have happy holidays. And anything that has you all having fun together and getting fit at the same time has to be a great idea! Most importantly you need scooters, for them.... and for you :)
1. Show your Scooter a bit of love first...
Start the holidays by showing your scooters a bit of love, get the kids involved checking all the bolts, screws and clamps are nice and tight. Get them to give it a clean with a soft damp cloth to make it look like new, making sure it's dry before you put it away. Our maintenance page has some great tips to help guide them.
2. Indoor Scooting
If it's a rainy day and you still want to go for a scoot, no problem, our scooters wheels made out of premium polyurethane and are mark free. You can ride your scooter up and down the hallway, but check with Mum and Dad first! You could even make a fort to zip in and out of on your indoor adventure.
3. Check out the Skate Park
Did you know the lean-to-steer action on the Mini Micro and Maxi Micro teaches the same steering skills as used for skateboarding, surfing and snowboarding? Head down to your skate park and have some fun. If they are into learning some tricks get them a Micro Trixx Scooter and they can really get started.
4. Colouring in
We've got a colouring in template for you to decorate your scooter. Do it with your friends, make it a competition and get mum to choose her favourite or send it in to us and our Micro staff will decide.
5. Scooter Racing
Our favourite, get down to the track with the kids and see who will win - Best of five races! Wear them out and get a nice little workout in. Check out our wacky scooter races and try different styles of races.
6. Make a Scooter Track
This one is for indoors or outdoors, make a scooter track and obstacle course and have fun mastering it. Then play some fun scooter tag. Test out the skills you've just learnt to try zip away or tag each other.
7. Themed Scooter Day Trip
We love this one; pick a theme for the day and collect pictures. For example the theme is pink, on your day trip the kids spot pink things and take pictures. Create a gallery after of your day out. Check out Mazzy on her cool adventure.
8. Scooting Club
Serious stuff; get the gang together and make scooter club badges, plan activities, build a fort/clubhouse and dress up and go on a secret scooting mission. Print out club badges and a club manifesto.
9. Scooter Map
Print out a map and together map out your route, planning all the things you'll do and see on your adventure. Send us in your map showing your favourite scooting route and where you like to stop along the way.
10. Decorate your Scooter
Crepe paper tassels, soft toys, flowers, ribbons, streamers - anything goes then a mini parade down the sidewalk - guaranteed to turn heads. Get the kids to design their fantasy scooter with pens, glitter, magazines, paper, there are no limits! Print out a template and go wild.
11. Stop Watch Scooting
Aka get from A-B Faster! Kids love being timed doing things (except teeth cleaning!). While out and about pick a spot (not too far) in the distance and time them on your phones stop watch getting there. Let them guess how long they'll take and see who is the fastest and most improved.
12. Scooter Fancy Dress
Think Lone Ranger and Silver, Batman and Bat-Mobile, Princess and Unicorn (not strictly text book, but an awesome combination). Raid the dress up box, choose a costume, decorate your scooter and role play the day away. You could even make a movie :)
More School Holiday Activities
- Baking - Cupcakes, cookies, muffins or cake. Choose your favourite, find a recipe, aprons on and get mixing! Have fun and get creative with your decorations.
- Rearrange your room. Make decorations for a new look, could be posters, pictures or art. Ask Mum and Dad if you can try a new layout.
- Get your pens and paper out - Write a letter to a friend, start a new diary, create a photo album or make a memory jar.
- Make an indoor or outdoor obstacle course. Use tables, chairs, boxes and set things up to crawl through and jump over.
- Take a trip - Go and visit a new playground, park or beach and bring a tasty picnic along. Let us know where you go and we'll add it to our best places to scoot map!
- Visit the museum or library. Discover and learn something new.
- Rainy day is a great excuse for a movie marathon. Relax, eat some popcorn and watch some TV. If you feel like getting out of the house, head to the cinema.
- Go op shopping and see who can find the best bargain!
- Get sporty - bring out the bats, balls and rackets with some friends and play some backyard cricket, soccer, volley ball or tennis.
- Spring clean - It's the perfect time of year to de-clutter and do a clear out. Make it a fun activity. Do a fashion show going through the wardrobe while deciding what needs to go.
Micro Stars of the Week!
Scooting Super Hero Evie is taking on the world with her Mini Micro! Mum said "it's the best thing we've ever bought her".
She loves to put safety first when she's off scooting. Goggles, helmet and she's good to go!
These three Micro Star siblings love their Mini Micros and scooting down to the waterfront.
Rosie and Fionn are part of the Keas who received a Micro Scooter Safety Certificate working towards their Road Safety Kea badge.
Share your scooting adventures and send us photos of the kids doing these fun scooting activities.