Don't catch the kids' elvesdropping on Santa's presents!
We've got the best hiding spots for your gifts this Christmas for everyone including the little detectives, the slightly curious and even those who can resist the temptation of snooping for their prezzies!
We asked over 500 parents to tell us where they hide their Christmas presents and we have compiled their answers to help you out this festive season! Remember... If you're having trouble hiding presents, never gift up. 🤪
Have you got any hiding spots that you'd like to share with us? Comment below and tell us where you hide gifts from your little detectives.
Best places to hide gifts from little detectives 🕵🏽♀️🕵🏻♂️
These are the kids that are always watching, always listening. They know Christmas is coming and will search high and low to find the hidden treasure.
- The kids' presents are always hidden on the top shelf in my wardrobe next to some books and boxes labelled undies. Hopefully serves no interest to them.
- The very top of the spare wardrobe in a zipped bag that my 5 year old can’t get to because she found the last years stash!!🙊🙈
- At work in the storeroom 😂😂
- Under the bed in the caravan!
- I hide the presents in the ceiling cavity. No peeking my friend
- I hide Christmas presents in boxes labelled old clothing
At the moment Australia Post’s delivery schedule is doing a good job hiding my presents with their delay 🤣
- I hide mine in a travel suitcase. Once upon a time I used to use the bag for travel but now it just hides all my prezzies 😂 I also stash some of the larger presents at mum n dads 😁
- I hide prezzies in the boot of the car 😍
- I hide them at my in-laws
- In storage boxes on the highest shelves.
- In the suitcase and place it on top of cupboards in laundry where it belongs!
- In the top of mums bedroom cupboard or in a garbage bag in the shed. 😂
- My kids presents are hidden under unfolded clean washing 🤔😉🤪🤣😍 as I know they will never go near it 🤣 lol
I hide mine in the cleaning supply cupboard - it’s been 3 years and no one has figured out that I moved the cleaning things somewhere else and use it to store presents. Not sure whether to be outraged at their lack of cleaning or pat myself
- Our tribes Xmas gifts are all over the house at the moment garage under stairs wardrobe in a giant blanket storage bag! 😆 Wherever we can stash them!! .. very challenging as the kids play hide and seek a lot
- Always hiding presents in my x-large suitcase in the walk-in robe purposely purchased for this reason 😂
- At grandma's house so there is no snooping like we did when we were kids lol 😍
- At the neighbours or anywhere out of reach from our ‘mountain goat’ little lady! 🧗♀️
- At the shops #unpurchased #superlastminute
- Attic - definitely the attic!
- Bedroom drawers under my underwear so no one would touch 😂
I’m very good at hiding them... so good in fact this week I found a Christmas prezzie that I’d hidden and lost TWO years ago! I’m still searching for a friends birthday prezzie from that year also (might read this thread for ideas where else to look!!)
- Downstairs in the dark storage room with the spiders 🕷
- 🛴 I hide mine in all the high cupboards. I hid them so well last year I left 2 that I didn’t know where they were 🤣
- 🤞🤞 I hide all presents at my in-laws as we don't have the space to keep them from the kids finding them...thank you nanny and poppy 😅
- I have a crafts room that even my 3 fur babies know they are not allowed to enter 👍 so I have no problems hiding anything in there 🙏
- Haha it's getting tricky to hide them now cos the kids know all our hiding spots. Boxes and bags then load piles of clothes etc. on top
- Hide them on the old favourite top of the wardrobe with a blanket covering no one asked questions. 😉
I hide them under my daughters bed as it is a gas lift she can’t lift with heaps of storage… poor kid had no idea her entire Xmas gifts are literally right under her 🤣
- Hide them under our king-size gas lift bed! It's too heavy for the kids to lift up 😂🙈
- Hiding my presents in the ceiling.....secret squirrel. No one ever touches the manhole 😂😂😂😍
- Hiding prezzies gets harder every year thank god for the shed!
- Hiding those presents like a pro in places even we can’t reach! 😂
- High up at the back of the wardrobe where it can't be seen & you need a step ladder to reach it! 😂
- I don’t hide them I wait till last minute and rush shop 😂
- I have hiding spots all over the house last year I found 3 presents after the day 😂 This year I'm noting down where everything is 🤣
I have a secret stash in the spare bedroom wardrobe. I learnt from watching mum not to change my spots because you were getting Christmas presents for months after when she found them stashed all over the house!!
- I hide everything in my office. No one is allowed in there lol Hide the big baby's gifts in there too
- I hide mine in the sheets cupboard nothing a good pillow case can’t hide
- I hide my Christmas presents at the neighbours next door my kids are like bloodhounds they have always known where to look.
- I hide my presents in washing baskets full of clean clothes cause I *know* no one in my house ever looks in there!! 😃
- I like to hide them in the basement because the kids are too scared to check down there! 😂
- In my belly!! It’s a good place to hide. Currently pregnant with baby number 7 who won’t come out! Kids won’t know the difference if I put a scooter in there! 😍
I have tried hiding my wife's Christmas gift in the manhole (at the roof) cause she is so sneaky and it's the only place that she cant reach! And it worked! Hahaha 😂😂😂
- In my cleaning cupboard. In a house full of boys I know they won’t look there!
- In the caravan under the lift up bed. But getting it out is impossible without bumping your head!! 😳🤪🎁Merry Christmas 🎄
- In the washing machine - because nobody in my household even knows it exists 🤣🤣🤣
- Maybe under the house this year? 🏡🕸🕷🤔
- The kids ones go in the boot. And my partners go in the laundry because let’s be honest he never steps foot in there
- Under the kitchen sink cupboard. Nobody cleans dishes anyways so they won’t look haha
We hide our presents on the treadmill which is covered by a large heavy drop sheet 😅 I never use the treadmill and the kids don't even think to go near it! 😂
- Under the stairs where there’s monsters 👹
- We hide our presents in an unused washing machine in the garage it’s quite large and fits most of the gifts. Very large ones go to my Mums
- We hide our presents in the camper trailer in the garage 😉 Its large and has a great walk way compartment that's empty and lockable ☺ Perfect to keep curious little lookers away 👀
- We hide ours in the BBQ!
- Wrapped in paper under our bed covered with a bed sheet! Our little one thinks its sheets! 🤣 #apartmentliving
- Apparently hiding the presents in the sauna isn't a great idea 😐
I totally hide my presents in the spare dog crate in the garage which is covered up no one is going to look there! (Until now) 😂🤪
- We hide our Christmas presents in Santa's Grotto. That is how we call our spare bedroom where big preparation of Christmas presents happen - wrapping labelling storing hiding. It is like mini workshop of Santa! Kids do not enter that room as it is located at the other end of the house
- I have my gifts hidden in the vault at work there may be some snooping at home but they will not find anything
Best places to hide Christmas presents from mildly curious kids... 🤫🤭
These are the kids that don't find the chocolate when you've put it on the top shelf of the pantry. They look at their eye level only and they don't go out of their way to search for the goodies.
- Hiding presents in the laundry this year ☺️
- I hide mine in the spare room under the bed. It looks like a distribution centre ATM with all the deliveries 🤣
- I throw presents to the back of my wardrobe so little babies can’t snoop! 👶🏻👶🏻💙💙
- In my spare room under the bed out of eye sight for the little grandies
- In the bottom of the wardrobe! 😍🎁
💖 Santa’s Elves hide their gifts under my bed
- In the laundry cupboard!
- In the top of the wardrobe in containers
- On top of the fridge right at the back? 😂
- Presents hidden in the caravan cupboards 😂
- Stuffed under clothes in my wardrobe 👏 probably not the best place lol
- I’ve run out of hiding places so have started wrapping and storing in their tightly tied-double knotted Christmas sacks in the dining room
- My hiding spot changes every year the freezer is looking good this year as I’m poor 😂
I hide the 🎄🎁 in high places haha! Kids are still tiny so I have height in my favour for a couple more years!
- We hide it in the 'Harry potter closet' 😂😂😂
- We hide ours in our home office 🤫
- We hide them at the top of our walk in wardrobe in our room… I feel like we might need to up our hiding game though as the kids get a bit older 😂😂
- We hide them in the laundry - no one ever goes in there 😂
- With kids 3yrs & 8mths I hide them under their own beds in drawers my kids don’t even realise are drawers yet 😂 #TakeThatSanta
- Xmas presents are hidden in a box in the study!
- In the linen cupboard!
- Apparently I hide them in the most obvious places according to my boys but last time I put them in bags which hung on my coat hanger with my thick dressing gown around it lol
- My son made me a very big wooden box in his High school class.. I absolutely love it and I'm able to hide most of all Santa's gifts in there 🎅🥰
- I rotate my hiding spots in the shed wardrobe behind clothes behind the snacks that never get eaten in the pantry and under the couch!
- we hide our prezzies high in the closet because climbing kids😂 Current situation hiding this year's prezzies and they happen to be micro scooters 😂
- My hiding place is usually just in the spare room however I think this year we need to get a lot smarter & hide them at work until the last minute as someone has got a little 🧐 nosy 🧐 now they're just that bit older lol!
- Hiding things in the garage fingers crossed the kids don’t go looking in the boxes!!!
Christmas present spots right in front of their eyes 👀
Use with caution, these tips are for the youngest, most oblivious, non-present savvy little humans in your household.
- Currently hiding a few in the garage with all the boxes of stuff still unpacked and a few in plain sight in boxes in the bedroom. Little 5yo has no idea!
- I hide them in plain sight 😂 in the kids room but in the cupboard up high
- In my hallway cupboard 🤫
- In the kids cupboards 😂 they don’t even know and can’t reach them anyway hahaha
- In the top of the kiddies wardrobe (lucky they’re not big enough to reach up there yet)
I hide them in my kids wardrobe because they use their floor as the wardrobe 🐵🙈🙉🙊 it’s literally in their rooms and they hunt the house 🏡
- Presents are currently hidden under the under my bed
- Presents hidden in the spare bedroom wardrobe 🤫
- Presents hide in the kitchen cupboards because no-one except me ever puts things away
- Very unexciting they're all in the cupboard in the playroom 😂😂😂
- ❤️ Hidden under the storage in the kids beds 😍
- ❤️❤️❤️ Under Max’s cot 😂😂😂 here’s hoping he doesn’t look there
- Anywhere in our bedroom! Or in plain sight (but still in their packaging)
- At the front door still in their delivery boxes 😆
I hide presents everywhere. The key is to not make it look like a present 😂
- 😂😂 I have hidden Leo’s in the back of the cupboard which he dug out today! Luckily he will forget again by Christmas!
- 👏👏👏 Under the boys beds!!!!
- Hide them wrapped up in plain sight and they can guess all they want 😁
- We’ve got to get a better Xmas prezzie hiding spot though on the spare bed probably won’t cut it for long!
- I hide mine under the bathroom sink 😂
- No need to hide them! Wrap them up put it under the tree and tell them it’s for someone else
I hide the Xmas presents in my kids cupboards inside boxes that I have labelled EASTER 😂
- No place in particular instead I try masquerading them in plain sight! 😂
- Sometimes right out in the open in a bag they won’t look in!
- Up in the linen cupboard up high! No one ever goes in there! 😂
- Xmas presents hidden under a towel zero chance of anyone picking that up
- Xmas prezzies currently on the spare bed 😬 better change that soon