information before you buy
micro® are committed to promoting safe scooting and we put the safety of our products first. Our scooters have an outstanding safety record because they are well built and professionally designed in Switzerland by Micro Mobility Systems, the original scooter company.
While our scooters are safe, it's still important that they are used properly to minimise the risk of injury. Our safety rules below will let you know what to look out for while you're out having fun.
Remember! If you use your scooter regularly it needs regular maintenance. Go to our maintenance page for information on how to keep your scooter in the best possible condition.
Safety rules for everyone
- Before any scooter is used, ensure that the steering tube is locked in place and that all the screws and bolts are tight.
- Riding at dusk, at night or in poor visibility is very dangerous and increases the risk of accidents and injury so please make sure you can be seen and heard.
- Always watch the terrain. Our scooters should not be used on wet, oily, sandy, gravelled, cracked or icy surfaces. Also make sure to avoid bumps and kerbs.
- In wet conditions there is a major risk of slipping, do not scoot in these circumstances.
- Be aware that if you make any modifications to your scooter the warranty is invalidated.
Safety rules for kids
- Children under 8 should ride with adult supervision at all times. micro® products should not be ridden by anyone under the recommended age limit.
- Safety equipment should be worn. Ensure that your child always wears a helmet and shoes with rubber soles. You might want to consider hi-visibility vests and accessories and elbow and knee pads too.
- Ensure that your child does not ride down any steep hills. The brake is not designed to decelerate from high downhill speeds.
- The brake pad becomes hot when it is used heavily. Make especially sure that your child does not keep the brake on for a long period of time. Explain to your child that direct skin contact may cause burns.
- Ensure that your child does not ride on roads or paths with motor vehicle traffic.
- Always make sure your child stops, gets off their scooter and looks before crossing any roads.
- Only one child may ride on the scooter at a time.
- The maximum load is up to 35kg for the Mini Micro and up to 50kg for the Maxi Micro.