information before you buy
Awards and Testimonials
Here are some of the lovely things our wonderful customers have said about us!
- "We received the new scooter and would like to let you know, that we are very impressed by your prompt and seamless service. You are tops! Customer service is often very scarce if at all existing, so it is a joy to see that some businesses still care, thank you again and we will let everyone know about our experience."
- Regina M. 19/9/2011
- "You have wonderful customer service - Would not hesitate to recommend"
- Lisa M. 29/11/2011
- "I must say, the ease and efficiency of ordering and delivery was most impressive. I am not a huge online shopper but the experience ordering from micro, was outstanding."
- Bess N. 14/12/2011
- "You have really restored my faith in customer service and I now feel confident not only to purchase 2 more micro scooters next year for my other 2 children but to recommend your product to friends too."
- Lisa D. 15/12/2011
- "I have to say this was one of the best customer service experiences that I have ever encountered. Let me take the time to let you know how good a job you guys are doing;
1. You sell parts to your scooters, this is excellent and runs counter to most other disposable products of recent times.
2. You sell these parts (and your scooters) online and your site is very easy to navigate.
3. The purchasing process was very simple.
4. You kept me totally informed at each step.
5. You delivered the item earlier than promised.
6. I received the item in 1.25 working days from the order despite the fact we are only five days out from Christmas. Amazing."
- Steve R. 20/12/2011
- "Amazing..... Thanks so much for the super service very impressed the speed of my delivery"
- Rebecca R. 20/2/2012
- "Thanks so much for such fast and wonderful service, its hard to find these days!"
- Jenna W. 28/2/2012
- "Amazing service ...a rare thing in this day & age! Please pass on my thanks to all involved...our kids love their scooters but your efficient no nonsense response tops it!"
- Dean H. 14/3/2012
- "Just wanted to say thank you for your help. I'm so impressed with your service. So refreshing having great customer service. Already thinking about upgrading to the next model when my son's older."
- Josie F. - 17/4/2012
- "I bought my Micro Black more than 2 years ago. Over time I've had to replace a few parts. Warranty repairs have been handled quickly and without hassle. Even after the official warranty has expired I find it refreshing that I can still get access to parts via the website. Your customer after-sales support Rocks !!"
- Tom L. 11/5/2012
- "Once again may I commend you on your customer service and very fast delivery mode. My wee 10 yr old Grandson is one very happy chappie and also the Mini Micro I bought last December for my lil 2 yr old has been amazing....he gives it what-oh and still it's in good Knick"
- Lizzie F. 22/5/12
- "We recently went on line to get some spare parts and I am blown away by how prompt the package was in arriving. Amazing service. Thanks to the great instructions on the website, I was able to change back wheel, brake and handles with ease. My 5 year old is so excited about the prospect of riding his new revamped scooter to kinder tomorrow. Thank you so much - brilliant product!"
-Tom O. 24/5/12
- "The whole family are enjoying scooting together.You will not believe the queries my wife has had while scooting with our daughter to school.The white adult scooter really stands out. As a result, some adults have already stopped my wife just to tell her that they have acquired the micro scooter themselves. Some have even shouted enquiry from their cars while driving past. I must admit that these scooters are very useful for us as a family. The neighbour takes their children to the same school in their car. By the time they walk through the school entrance my wife and daughter scoot through the entrance at the same time. It is a real money saver. I will be considering another unit in the near future, as my wife does in excess of 10km a day...that is in excess of 3000km a year...so her scooter will need an upgrade sometime.Just incase you are wondering...our car is available for my wife to use, but she prefers scooting for the exercise and for the fun...she is known to many as 'Scooter Mum'.Thank you for your good customer service thus far."
- Harry P. 8/8/12
- "I can say in all respects that I have been extremely happy with your product, easy ordering of parts, very prompt delivery and simple repairs. You are running an excellent business!"
- Elly D. 14/8/12
- "Thanks so much for your excellent customer service. I actually bought this for my mum - she's turning 65 and wants to go scootering with her grandchildren - yes, still a child a heart. I was super impressed by the fast processing and delivery time will definitely go through you guys again for any of my scootering needs in the future."
- Brandon L. 12/10/12
- "I love my new scooter! even had my 70 year old mother on it yesterday, and think my hubbie is going to get one too - thinking of doing some 'tricks' together."
- Helen C. 26/10/12
- "I think your products are the best ever. My little girl uses her scooter continually. Tomorrow we're off to the opera house for lunch. She'll use it so we can walk to the train station (and not have her complain for us to slow down or she is tired) and then once we get into the city and back home again. It comes EVERYWHERE with us"
- Samantha Y. 26/10/12
- "I just wanted to say what excellent service I received in regard to the purchase of a pink maxi micro scooter for our daughter...It was so easy to order online, and the free delivery was fantastic - it even arrived prior to the date I was expecting it to arrive!
Our younger daughter already has a maxi, and both our daughters love it, so we thought it's time to buy our older daughter one of her own!!
They are the BEST scooters!"
- Karen R. 6/11/12
- Our son has a muscle development disorder and had been unable to keep up with his peers on bike riding etc. He had tried scooters previously with no success. 15 mins on his maxi micro and he has mastered it giving him an amazing boost of self confidence.
- Alison W 19/11/12
- My little man is craving it up, he just loves it and how easy it is for him to use all by himself great sense of self achievement.
- Shannon K 09/01/13
- It (Sprite scooter) was for my Grand Daughter, who is 5, and as it has adjustable handlebars, folds up and is really good quality, it will last for a long time (plus it is just the right colour!)".
- Fay K 11/01/13
- Can I say how impressed I am with your customer service. You answered my request promptly and your acceptance of my return due to the item not fitting has been handled exceptionally well. Your follow up has been excellent. I would have no hesitation in dealing with your company again.
- Dawn P 17/01/13
- Just wanted to say a BIG thankyou for the amazing service we received. I think we ordered our 2 x scooters on Wednesday & they both arrived today, in time for my son's birthday. He is stoked & I am Mother of the Year! You guys rock - great product & even better service.
- Virginia W 25/01/13
- Just sending you some good wishes for a great product, the Maxi Micro. It was given to my 4yr old by Santa, who was never really able to master her previous scooter but finds the Maxi Micro a breeze.
- Elise F 29/01/13
- The level of service is outstanding and I am very impressed, almost as much as my kids who both love your products as they ride them to kindy and school every morning.
- Dave T 22/02/13
Mother and Baby Awards 2012
In July 2012 we took home the Gold Medal for the best new innovation at the Mother and Baby awards in Sydney, Australia.
This award was received for the innovative Kick3 seat for toddlers. The Kick3 seat for the Mini Micro allows children as young as 1 to start scooting. It grows with them like no other toy, allowing them to develop consistently and at their own pace with a familiar product which changes as they do.
Nuremberg Toy Fair Toy Award 2012
The ToyAward is presented annually to new products at the fair that stand out from the other products due to their degree of innovation, product concept, creativity and playing idea, and demonstrate the achievements of the industry.
An independent jury selects the ToyAwards for the International Toy Fair in Nuremberg. 227 companies entered a total of 371 new products but it was our Kick 3 seat which came away with the Prize for 2012.
Not only did the Mini Micro Kick3 take home the Babies and Infants award for the show but also the highly competitive Trader's Favourite prize for whole show.
Australian International Design Mark 2009
The Australian International Design MarkTM is presented to a select few products each year in recognition of excellent design.
The Australian International Design MarkTM is an indicator of quality, value and reliability in the marketplace.
The Prize of Prizes 2008
Companies cannot enter for the Design Award; instead, they are nominated by the Ministries and Senators for Trade & Industry of the German States or by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology. It is a precondition for this, however, that a product has already been awarded a national or international prize. This is the case of G-BIKE. No other Design Award sets its entrants such a strict criterion. Because of this the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany is called the "prize of prizes" by many opinion leaders in the world of design. www.designpreis.de
NATLL Good Toy Award 2007
The Mini-Micro scooter won a prestigious Gold Award at the NATLL Good Toy Awards on Monday 18th June 2007. In its category of Outdoor and Large Play, the mini-micro outshone all competitors to scoop the top prize.
In the UK, the Mini-Micro is the success story for two mothers, Anna Gibson and Philippa Gogarty in 2004. It was initially sold around the country by a network of mums and is now stocked in stores nationwide, including John Lewis and the Early Learning Centre. "We are thrilled that the mini micro scooter has won this prize. It proves what we all know, that the scooter really is a must for every child under the age of 6 years," say Anna and Philippa. www.natll.org.uk
iF Internationaler Design Award 2006
iF provides a broad range of design-related services. They are internationally known thanks to there iF design award, which has been staged since 1954.
Today, this award is regarded as one of the most important design competitions worldwide, attracting over 1,800 entries from 30 different countries every year.
The jury, composed of top international designers, not only critically examines and selects the award-winning entries, but also guarantees iF's special status and the high-quality reputation of the iF label.
Welt der Wunder Innovationspreis 2006
The world of wonder innovationprice is made for everybody; inventors, scientist and practical people. The theme this year was "the transportation in the future - ecological, efficient and innovative. www.weltderwunder.de
Eurobike Award 2006
Even automaker Adam Opel (1837-95) was a fan, writing that "no other invention combines utility with pleasure so perfectly as a bicycle."
In a growing industry, which also means increased international competition, the end consumer's focus is on innovation, quality and a design that transcends mere superficial appearances. Indeed, design represents the successful combination of technical know-how and innovation as well as of new products and product refinements in keeping with the brand. In a sea of products, quality characteristics that presuppose reputability, integrity and expertise are in great demand - and the iF seal of design quality also represents a decision-making aid for the consumer.
The evaluation criteria for the EUROBIKE AWARD are as follows:
Degree of innovation; Design quality; Workmanship; Choice of materials; Environmental friendliness; Functionality; Ergonomics; Utility value; Safety; Brand value/Branding.
The Prize of Prizes 2004
Companies cannot enter for the Design Award; instead, they are nominated by the Ministries and Senators for Trade & Industry of the German States or by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology. It is a precondition for this, however, that a product has already been awarded a national or international prize. No other Design Award sets its entrants such a strict criterion. Because of this the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany is called the "prize of prizes" by many opinion leaders in the world of design. www.designpreis.de
Design Center Stuttgart Award 2001
This government award is given to manufacturers and designers for forward-looking, professional and excellent design work. With a new "Focus" topic each year, the competition presents a special challenge for entrants. The competition shows who has the best-designed solutions for current trends and for the topics that are of particular interest for experts and the general public.
"This toy is recommended by "spiel gut"(Good Toy)"
Since 1954, educationalists, psychologists, doctors, technicians, experts in design, chemistry, electronics ... and parents - scientific and practical people - have been examining and assessing toys - from babies' rattles to material for experimenting. They work on an honorary basis and are independent of the toy industry and retailers. Their spiel gut recommendation signifies that this toy has been tested with children and examined by experts with a positive result. Their criteria are: play value, material, workmanship, construction, durability, safety, design, size, quantity, quality of the instructions for playing or making, suitability for the appropriate age group ...
Design Preis Schweiz
The Design Preis Schweiz is intended to highlight the importance of Swiss design. Economic and cultural relevance are the features sought after. In the light of top quality prize-winning work, the innovative effect of design as a business success factor will be reflected. Interdisciplinary contacts will encourage dialogue between designers and companies. Support will be provided for new visions, research projects and implementations in keeping with the market, enabling them to achieve a breakthrough. The Design Preis Schweiz observes and makes an impression on the market, honours outstanding achievements and sees its role as that of giving uncompromising encouragement to adventurous ideas which will create new paths for the future of design.
96 per cent of all Germans are familiar with Stiftung Warentest. One third of them rely on its test results when making important purchasing decisions. Following a resolution of the German Bundestag the Foundation was established on 4th December 1964, with the aim of providing independent and objective support for consumers by means of comparative investigations of goods and services. In addition the Foundation gives advice both about optimal household budgeting and use of income and also provides information for promoting a healthy, environmentally aware lifestyle. Thereby the highest priority is given to impartiality, so that consumers can be informed objectively. For this reason, in accordance with its statutes the Foundation is not allowed to earn money with advertisements in its publications. It therefore receives an annual compensatory payment from the federal government that amounts to about 12 per cent of its budget. It largely finances itself by selling its own publications. As an independent foundation under civil law it has a free hand it the planning and development of tests and the application of its test criteria
ISPO brand new award
Since the launch of the ISPO Brand New Awards in winter 2000, over 1,500 companies, brands or individuals with striking ideas have been taking the opportunity to apply for the largest start-up competition in the sports industry.